Engineering Leadership and Innovation Program
In association with the Staley School of Leadership Studies
The program is accepting applications for the 2019-20 academic school year. Application review will begin Feb. 2, 2019.
The Engineering Leadership and Innovation, or ELI, program will prepare exceptional engineering students for potential leadership roles in organizations that will flourish in a dynamic business environment operating under complex social, ethical, political, economic, business and engineering factors.
The ELI program will —
- Equip students with the skills and confidence needed to lead real-world engineering projects.
- Strengthen students’ classroom learning through a leadership practicum on a creative inquiry team.
- Help students build a realistic career plan directed toward engineering management.
- Build students’ appreciation of nontechnical factors that affect technical decisions.
We will teach participants business and leadership theory through coursework, and define a personal leadership development path for each participant through engagement with mentors. Participants will then create and implement innovative solutions on creative inquiry teams. They will document their leadership journey using standard measurement tools interpreted in collaboration with the mentors.
Primary program elements are as follows:
- Coursework in leadership and business
- Leadership practice
- Engagement with industry mentor
- Corporate partner interactions
- On-site facility tours
- On-campus corporate events
- Leadership portfolio
- Leadership development plan
- Leadership essay (senior year)
- Reflections, photos and plans
- Evaluation of skills development
- Scholarship of $3,000 per year
We thank corporate partners who make the ELI program possible.