Engineering Undergraduate Research and Creative Inquiry Showcase
This event is a showcase of research and creative inquiry activities conducted by undergraduate students from the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering at Kansas State University. This event provides students an opportunity to share their research and creative inquiry activities with students, faculty and staff, and to gain experience presenting their work in a professional setting. This year, the showcase will be held on Thursday, April 25, 2019, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Engineering Hall Atrium.
Registration deadline has been extended to April 17. To register, you will need to submit the following:
- Abstract - 250 word limit (here is an abstract example)
- Team member(s) and/or collaborator(s) name(s), eID(s), class (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) and academic plan(s)
- Research advisor and co-advisor name(s), eID(s)
- Title of project
- Focus (see drop-down box on registration form)
- Poster templates
- Posters must be 4 feet in width by 3 feet in height.
- Poster contents are to be written as such that a general engineer would understand.
- Posters will be hung on portable walls, and push pins will be provided.
- Posters should be displayed during the entire poster forum. Presenters will need to be present with their posters during their designated 60-minute period.
- Poster presenters should prepare a brief oral presentation of their poster and should be prepared to answer questions from judges and attendees.
- The ERGP office will reimburse the entire cost of poster printing for any poster submitted to a college-sanctioned competition. To be eligible for this reimbursement, the student must provide the ERGP office with the original receipt showing proof of purchase along with the editable digital file of the poster and a release allowing the college to use the poster for promotional purposes. For any questions regarding reimbursement of printing costs, please contact Chassy Nichols (email@example.com or 532-5464).
All of the participating students' posters and presentations will be judged by a panel of K-State faculty, staff and graduate students. Judging will take place the evening of the event with awards being given the following week. Faculty, staff and graduate students can click here to sign up to be judges. The winning entries will be awarded with $500, $400, and $300 scholarships for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.
For any additional information or questions you may have, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 College of Engineering Undergraduate Research Showcase Results
1st place: Bernadette Drouhard, chemical engineering, Nutrient Recovery from Anaerobically Treated Municipal Wastewater; research adviser, Prathap Parameswaran, assistant professor of civil engineering
2nd place: Berkley White, biological and agricultural engineering, Biorefining Microalgae: Protein Recovery from Chlamydomonas Reinhardtii; research adviser, Lisa Wilken, assistant professor of biological and agricultural engineering
3rd place: Andrew Foerster, civil engineering, Inventing a New Ductile Composite System as Non-corrosive Lightweight Alternative to Steel; research adviser, Hayder Rasheed, professor of civil engineering