Alumni Mentor Program
The Kansas State University Carl R. Ice College of Engineering Alumni Mentor Program is aimed at connecting current COE students with alumni. Students will be matched with a mentor based on background, experience and interest. The program is a nine-month series (September – May) designed specifically for COE students with sophomore standing or above.
The Alumni Mentor Program provides students with the opportunity to learn from highly successful and experienced professionals in their field of study. Here are a few of the ways in which mentors can help mentees:
- Share technical expertise
- Discuss industry trends
- Introduce students to colleagues to help build professional networks
- Share knowledge and understanding
- Facilitate career development through guidance and advice
- Give advice on professional communication, dress and demeanor
With an alumni mentor, students will have opportunities for interactions with industry professionals to aid in career and professional development.
Before applying for the program, please read through our answers to frequently asked questions (pdf).
Mentors must be alumni of Kansas State University. We are looking for successful individuals with the following qualifications:
- Professional experience in engineering or other related endeavors
- Interest in and ability to nurture a student’s professional development
- Access to a network of professional individuals from whom the mentor can draw on as resources to assist the student
- Recommendation from a Kansas State faculty or alumnus
Students must meet the following criteria in order to apply to be matched with an alumni mentor:
- Be enrolled in a degree program within the college
- Be at least sophomore standing (30 credits) or greater
- Be prepared to engage in a professional relationship, one in which you will be responsible for maintaining regular communication and willing to listen, learn, and take initiative
We are now accepting applications for the 2018-19 academic school year.