Official SWE Logo
Society of Women Engineers - Kansas State University Chapter
Welcome to SWE!
The Society of Women Engineers is a longstanding national organization that supports and celebrates women in pursuit of engineering disciplines and careers. As the official Kansas State University chapter, we focus on providing women engineers with a forum to discuss their unique challenges, opportunities to build important career skills and engage in community volunteerism, and a variety of social activities to help build lasting friendships and networks.
To learn more about our organization, please browse our menu of links.
Officer Applications are Open!
For more information about our positions and how to apply, click here.
Spring 2017 Meeting Schedule
Our general meetings are held bimonthly (every other week) as follows:
When: Tuesdays @ 5:30 pm
- January 24 (First Meeting of Spring Semester)
- February 7
- February 21
- March 7
- March 28 (Led by Samantha Judd)
- April 11
- April 25 (SWE Social: Taco Tuesday! Last General Meeting of Fall Semester)
- Where: Paslay Auditorium, DUE (Engineering Hall), unless stated otherwis
Open House Activity: SWE Booth
SWE will be hosting a club booth at Open House! If you are available to help man this display, please consider stopping by. The more the merrier!
- When: March 31 - April 1 @ 9AM - 3PM
- Where: Hall outside of Fiedler in Engineering Hall (DUE)
Volunteer Service Activity: "Introduce a Girl Scout to Engineering Day!"
Our SWE chapter will be hosting this annual event in the Engineering Complex, during which we will host several presentations and activities meant to introduce the Girl Scouts to new Engineering concepts. This is en excellent opportunity for you to give back to the Kansas community and to get IGED and GSD Committee opportunities.
We need our members to volunteer so that we have enough hands to help with materails, food, and other aspects of this day. And yes, food is provided!
- Where: Paslay Auditorium, DUE (Engineering Hall)
- When: Saturday, April 15@ 9AM - 3PM