The College of Engineering has a variety of scholarship opportunities for its sophomore, junior and senior students. Academic scholarships may be provided as the renewable portion of a university award. Other College of Engineering scholarships include awards for transfer students, student leaders and study abroad. Please review the appropriate sections below to become familiar with the scholarship options that may be applicable to you.
High School Seniors
A wide range of scholarship options exist for students demonstrating strong academic excellence, leadership, community service and other criteria. For specific information on Kansas State University scholarships, please visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance scholarship page. November 1 is the scholarship application deadline for incoming freshmen.
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) Scholarship
The Kansas State University College of Engineering is a university partner with Project Lead The Way and offers scholarships for first-year students. Any student who has completed relevant coursework within the PLTW curriculum at a certified PLTW high school may apply. This is a one-time scholarship in the amount of $500. K-State will award a minimum of two scholarships annually.
U.S. FIRST Robotics Scholarship
The K-State College of Engineering is a university sponsor of U.S. FIRST Robotics and offers scholarships for first-year students. Any student who has participated in U.S. FIRST Robotics may apply. This is a one-time scholarship in the amount of $1,000. K-State will award up to three scholarships annually.
The College of Engineering awards scholarships to incoming transfer students. To be eligible, the student must:
- be admitted to Kansas State University;
- be admitted to the College of Engineering;
- complete the University Scholarship Application; and
- complete the College of Engineering Transfer Scholarship Application.
The deadline to complete the College of Engineering Transfer Scholarship application is Friday, May 12, 2017 for summer and fall 2017 terms.
Undergraduate students who are enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours or more per semester) in a College of Engineering degree program (or general engineering), and who are at the rank of sophomore, junior or senior are eligible for a variety of other scholarship opportunities.
- Academic scholarships: To be eligible for a College of Engineering academic scholarship, sophomore, junior and senior students continuing their major in the College of Engineering must apply each year by February 1. This includes students with renewable scholarships. Please apply by through the Office of Financial Assistance. If you are properly enrolled full time (12 hours or more per semester) in an engineering degree program, your application information will be sent by the Office of Student Financial Assistance to the College of Engineering.
- Current College of Engineering students who have a renewable scholarship (such as Putnam, Foundation etc.) will be notified in June/July of their funding award.
- Study Abroad Scholarships: The College of Engineering strongly advocates international experience for its undergraduate students. A limited number of $1000 grants are available for enrolled College of Engineering students each year who plan to participate in a study abroad program. To learn more about the International Experience Grant, visit the College of Engineering's Study Abroad page.
Undergraduate students who are part of the Multicultural Engineering Program, MEP, are eligible for the scholarships listed below. MEP students must fill out the general scholarship application by February 1.
- KSU MEP NACME Block Grant Scholars: 10 scholarships awarded annually from National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering grant.
- KSU MEP NACME Associate Scholars: 15 scholarships awarded annually in support of the mission of the National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, provided by the College of Engineering scholarship accounts.
- KSU MEP EOF Semester Scholars: 15 scholarships awarded annually funded by the Educational Opportunity Fund through the K-State Student Governance Association.
- KSU MEP Scholars: Awarded annually as funded by corporate partners and individual donors.
For more information on Hispanic/Latino student scholarships, visit the Alianza website.
If you have questions, please contact the scholarship coordinator at 785-532-6686 or by email at email@example.com.