Engineering Undergraduate Research Showcase
This event is a showcase of research and scholarly activities conducted by undergraduate students from the College of Engineering at Kansas State University. This on-campus event provides students an opportunity to share their research activities with fellow K-State students and faculty and to gain experience presenting their work in a professional setting. This year the event was held on Thursday, April 26, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, in the Engineering Hall Atrium. For more information about the 2018 event, please click here.
The next showcase will be held in Spring 2019. Guidelines for next year's event are below:
- Posters must be 4 feet in width by 3 feet in height.
- Poster contents are to be written as such that a general engineer would understand.
- Posters will be hung on portable walls, and push pins will be provided.
- Posters should be displayed during the entire poster forum. Presenters will need to be present with their posters during their designated 60-minute period.
- Poster presenters should prepare a brief oral presentation of their poster and should be prepared to answer questions from judges and attendees.
- The ERGP office will reimburse the entire cost of poster printing for any poster submitted to a college-sanctioned competition. To be eligible for this reimbursement, the student must provide the ERGP office with the original receipt showing proof of purchase along with the editable digital file of the poster and a release allowing the College to use the poster for promotional purposes. For any questions regarding reimbursement of printing costs, please contact Chassy Nichols (firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-5464).
All of the participating students' posters and presentations will be judged by a panel of K-State faculty, staff and graduate students. Judging will take place the evening of the event with awards being given the following week. The winning entries will be awarded with $500, $300, and $100 scholarships for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively.
For information on previous poster forums, please click here.
For any additional information or questions you may have, feel free to contact email@example.com.