Engineering Undergraduate Research Poster Forum
This event is a showcase of research and scholarly activities conducted by undergraduate students from the College of Engineering at Kansas State University. This on-campus event provides students an opportunity to share their research activities with fellow K-State students and faculty and to gain experience presenting their work in a professional setting. This year's event will be held on Thursday, April 26, 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm, in the Engineering Hall Atrium. Anyone interested in undergraduate research is welcome to attend. Light snacks and beverages will be provided.
Participants are assigned a presentation time slot. The first group will present while the second group observes and then the second group will present while the first group observes. To be eligible for poster reimbursement and scholarships, presenters must attend the entire poster forum.
Students must select a division in which they will participate. Posters will be divided into:
- Undergraduate research posters
- Student design/build/competition projects OR class design/research projects
Questions about where your poster fits? Please check with your adviser first.
Registration deadline has been extended to April 16, 2018, 5:00 p.m. - click here
- Posters must be 4 feet in width by 3 feet in height.
- Poster contents are to be written as such that a general engineer would understand.
- Posters will be hung on portable walls, and push pins will be provided.
- Posters should be displayed during the entire poster forum. Presenters will need to be present with their posters during their designated 45 minute period.
- Poster presenters should prepare a brief oral presentation of their poster and should be prepared to answer questions from judges and attendees.
- The ERGP office will reimburse the entire costs of poster printing for any poster submitted to a college-sanctioned competition. To be eligible for this reimbursement, the student must provide the ERGP office with the original receipt showing proof of purchase along with the editable digital file of the poster and a release allowing the College to use the poster for promotional uses. For any questions regarding reimbursement of printing costs, please contact Chassy Nichols (firstname.lastname@example.org or 532-5464).
All of the participating student's posters and presentations will be judged by a panel of K-State faculty, graduate students and College of Engineering Advisory Board members. Judging will take place the evening of the event with awards being given the following week. The top three posters in each of the two divisions will be awarded with $500, $300, and $100 scholarships for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively. Participants will be provided with a sample judging evaluation sheet before the event.
For information on previous poster forums, please click here.
For any additional information or questions you may have, feel free to contact email@example.com.