Funding Opportunity Resources
ERGP and K-State offer funding opportunity resources for faculty, staff and students. In addition, an effective way to identify potential sponsors is simply networking with faculty, industry representatives and government agency personnel.
Research Keywords Database
The Research Keywords Database is supported by ERGP and contains listings of engineering faculty areas of expertise. It was constructed based on keywords entered by faculty to more clearly define their research emphases.
The database was developed as a way for K-State colleagues and outside entities to easily identify faculty areas of expertise, and provide connections and opportunities, including the following:
- Encourage research collaboration.
- Improve and encourage connections with potential research sponsors.
- Provide business, industry, government and media representatives access to faculty expertise in the College of Engineering.
- Increase the public's accessibility to College of Engineering expertise to broaden understanding of the university's research activities.
- Disseminate research funding opportunities to College of Engineering faculty based on keyword entries.
- Assist student searches for faculty advisers.
Pivot Funding Opportunities Database
Pivot is a funding resource database system provided by the Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP), and is available to faculty and staff to locate potential funding sources as well as potential collaborative partners. The database includes worldwide funding opportunities from federal, foundation, and association sources.
Search tools allow faculty to find funding opportunities via selection of key words. Using Pivot’s search feature, faculty can create personalized weekly funding bulletins tailored to their particular research areas and interests. The Pivot Start Guide can be found on the Pivot website.
For more information about the Pivot system, contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
The Funding Connection
Other Funding Opportunity Sites
Grants.gov centralizes more than 1,000 different grant programs across federal grant-making agencies awarding more than $500 billion annually. The Grants.gov Online User Guide provides explanations and step-by-step instructions. Users may also subscribe to a specific grant opportunity or to saved searches, or subscribe to all grant opportunities.
FedBizOpps.gov is the single government point of entry for federal government contracting (procurement) opportunities.
Internal Funding Opportunities
McAllister & Quinn Concept Paper Opportunity
Internal deadline: 12/15/2017
Criteria for selection for submission to M&Q include the following:
- Multi‐investigator projects not already in review at a funding agency
- Alignment with unit, college and university 2025 research goals
- Lead PI located at K‐State (collaborators can be elsewhere)
- Large center‐type projects intended to increase K‐State visibility
Applications are to be submitted using the concept paper template. Concept papers with an engineering lead PI should be routed through Ronaldo Maghirang, associate dean for research. For questions about the M&Q program, contact Mary Lou Marino or Joel Anderson in the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Spring: First Monday in March
- Fall: First Monday in October
Early Career Faculty Resources
Some funding agencies and sponsors provide opportunities aimed at early career investigators. The Funding Opportunities for Tenure-Track Faculty page provides a brief overview of some of the opportunities available to engineering tenure-track faculty. Deadline dates listed are historical submission dates. Consult each program's website for more detailed information and current deadlines. Please review eligibility requirements for each opportunity, as application deadlines and requirements may vary. Always use the official announcement when preparing a final application.