The ERGP office supports activities for research, graduate students, the K-State Global Campus, and the Department of Environmental Health and Safety. The ERGP staff work closely with College of Engineering graduate students and administrators as well as faculty and staff throughout the university, including the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, the Graduate School, the Office of International Programs and the K-State Global Campus.
The goals of ERGP include the following:
- Identify potential funding resources, and provide proposal development and preparation services in support of major grant program submissions and tenure-track faculty proposals.
- Provide engineering faculty with internal resources, such as start-up, matching and cost-share funds, in order to successfully secure external research support.
- Coordinate college and university communications regarding engineering research and graduate program accomplishments.
- Implement distance education and continuing education activities within the college, including video-classroom resources.
- Motivate and encourage faculty, staff, and students to create a positive, safe work environment.
- Serve as a college resource for research administration information and activities.