Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities
A free on-line tool to facilitate writing EPA brownfields assessment and
cleanup grant proposals.
- BIT A free on-line tool to create site inventories; submit reports such as the multiple property profile form (in excel); and to log administrative information about brownfields and other environmental programs.
- TAB Sites
- TAB Services Brochure (PDF)
- Brownfields Workshops
- Brownfields and Sustainability
What is TAB?
What is TAB?
The Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) program is a national program funded by the U.S. EPA via grants to four entities. K-State is one of these entities and assists communities in EPA Regions 5 and 7, a 10 state area.
Click map for larger image
TAB works closely with federal and state agencies to assist communities in their revitalization efforts of brownfields sites.
The K-State TAB program brings university educational and technical resources as well as industry/consulting experience to communities affected by environmental issues at brownfield sites. K-State TAB serves as a neutral, non-biased party in a community’s revitalization efforts.
TAB assistance is always tailored to the specific needs of a community and is usually coordinated through the city, tribal or not-for profit brownfields project manager. Examples of services provided under the TAB program are:
- Provide guidance through the brownfields process and assist with plotting a course of action
- Identifying potential funding sources
- Assist communities with the potential for environmental justice issues access federal, state and regional resources
- Review of grant applications (other than EPA)
- Serve as liaison between communities and state or federal agencies, or other entities
- Help requesting bids and reviewing proposals from environmental consulting firms
- Review and summary of technical documents
- Assistance with community outreach
- Redevelopment visioning workshops
- Assistance with sustainability education and planning
- Assistance with soil analyses for community gardens on brownfields
- Assistance with staff training regarding brownfields issues
- Technical presentations (e.g., workshops and seminars)
Blase A. Leven, P.G., TAB Coordinator
Terrie Boguski, P.E., Assistant Outreach Manager
Dr. Wendy Griswold