Support Staff Employee of the YearAll benefit eligible university support staff members are eligible to be nominated for the College of Engineering University Support Staff Employee of the Year award if they have completed one or more years of consecutive service to Kansas State University and if they have not been recipients of the award within the past five years. Criteria for the award are the following:
- Outstanding Achievement and Performance: Consistently and substantially exceeds the expectations of the position, performing at a level above and beyond normal job requirements; has made important and significant contributions in their area; has furthered the mission of the unit, college and/or university.
- Inspirations of Excellence in Others: Consistently and substantially demonstrates an ability and willingness to work positively, respectfully and effectively with others; has significantly improved customer service or has increased student satisfaction in their area; demonstrates ability and willingness to manage changes in work priorities, procedures and organization.
- Initiative and Creativity: Has significantly improved a work process or system, or has significantly increased the efficiency of an operation or department/unit; consistently seeks to improve the quality of work assigned; demonstrates efforts to expand work responsibilities.
Jane Cox, ARE/CNS, 2017
This year’s recipient is Jane Cox, office specialist II in the department of architectural engineering and construction science.
- Jane oversees the daily activities of the departmental office and performs at an incredibly high level of quality and productivity.
- Jane interacts with a steady stream and wide array of people on a daily basis and handles it all with apparent ease.
- She has made huge advances in the automation and documentation of the departmental and program processes and procedures.
Comments from her colleagues:
- “When challenged, she will actively pursue learning new processes to expand or improve both her work functions and those of fellow staff.”
- “It is obvious Jane sets high standards for herself and that has challenged other staff to do the same.”
Past RecipientsBarbara J. Moore, BAE, 2016
Yvonne Bachura, ECE, 2015
Steve Booth, ECE, 2014
David Threewit, CE, 2013
Earl Harris, CIS, 2012
Nancy Logan, DOE, 2011
Jane Cox, ARE/CNS, 2010
Jan Herndon, CIS, 2009
Colette Remsbecker, AMI, 2008
Patty Berens, DOE, 2007
Kathy Schaefer, AMI, 2006
Vicky Geyer, IMSE, 2005
Danita Deters, CE, 2004
C. Florence Sperman, CE, 2003
Lou Ann Claassen, BAE, 2002
Carole Konold, MNE, 2001
Peggy Selvidge, CE, 2000