Charles H. Scholer Faculty Award
The Charles H. Scholer Faculty Award was established by donations from the friends and family of Charles H. Scholer. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Unique and innovative contributions to student learning beyond the classroom and laboratory;
- Well-respected by students and colleagues; and
- Demonstrated support of students’ extracurricular activities, student professional societies and/or competition teams.
The nomination packet should include the following items of support for the nominee:
- Letter of endorsement from the department head.
- Current curriculum vitae.
- A two-page (maximum) description of the nominee's qualifications which should address the following attributes:
a.Unique and innovative contributions to student learning beyond the classroom and laboratory.
b.Well-respected by students and colleagues.
c.Demonstrated support of students’ extracurricular activities, student professional societies and/or competition teams.
Edwin Brokesh, BAE, 2017
This year’s recipient is Edwin Brokesh, instructor in the department of biological and agricultural engineering.
- Brokesh currently advises the Helwig Farms Quarter-Scale Tractor team and the K-State Biodiesel Initiative student biodiesel production group.
Comments from a colleague:
- "Mr. Brokesh truly believes in the experiential learning process. He is committed to helping students learn the application of engineering knowledge through extracurricular activities."
Lisa R. Wilken, BAE, 2016
Kimberly Waggle Kramer, ARE/CNS, 2015
Malgorzata Rys, IMSE, 2014
B. Terry Beck, MNE, 2013
Medhat M. Morcos, ECE, 2012
Keith Hohn, CHE, 2011
Julia Keen, ARE/CNS, 2010
Walt Walawender, CHE, 2009
Hani Melhem, CE, 2008
Larry A. Glasgow, CHE, 2007