Larry E. and Laurel Erickson Public Service Award
This award recognizes a faculty or staff member who has been employed in the College of Engineering for at least five years and has demonstrated exemplary public service. Selection is based on the following criteria:
- Letter of nomination by a College of Engineering employee.
- Letter of support from a faculty or staff member of the College of Engineering.
- Letter of support from an individual who has knowledge of the exemplary public service of the nominee.
- Nominee’s statement (limited to two pages) describing the public service activities during the prior five years.
- Current copy of the curriculum vitae of the nominee.
Joseph P. Harner, BAE, 2015This year’s recipient is Dr. Joseph Harner, department head in the department of biological and agricultural engineering.
- Dr. Harner has been teaching at K-State for more than 28 years.
- Dr. Harner serves on many committees, including the Vision 2050 Dairy Committee, the Western Dairy Management Conference planning committee, and the High Plains Dairy Conference planning committee.
Comments from his colleagues:
- “Dr. Harner is highly regarded internationally for his extension work, especially in the dairy industry.”
- “Joe Harner is a public servant to his core, both professionally and personally.”
Phillip Barnes, BAE, 2015
Bruce Snead, Engineering Extension, 2014
David Ben-Arieh, IMSE, 2013
Robert W. Stokes, CE, 2012
Anil Pahwa, ECE, 2011
Hani Melhem, CE, 2010
Danny Rogers, BAE, 2009
Robert W. Stokes, CE, 2008
Richard B. Hayter, Assoc. Dean for Ext. Affairs, 2007
G. Morgan Powell, BAE, 2006