Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Outstanding Teaching Award
Four Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Outstanding Teaching Awards are presented each year university-wide. One is made annually in the College of Arts & Sciences; the other three awards alternate among six of the other colleges. The College of Engineering receives this award on even-numbered years.
The recipient is selected using similar criteria as for the Hollis Award, which includes the following:
- Innovation in course development, laboratory development, and classroom instruction;
- Well-respected by students and colleagues; and
- Demonstrated competence and enthusiasm for classroom/laboratory instruction.
Kevin Wanklyn, MNE, 2016
The 2016 Commerce Bank Award goes to Dr. Kevin Wanklyn, instructor of mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- Dr. Wanklyn earned the James L. Hollis Memorial Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching in the College of Engineering in 2014.
- He is the recipient of the 2014 Presidential Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
- He received the 2015 American Society of Engineering Education Midwest Section Outstanding Teaching Award.
Todd Easton, IMSE, 2014
Yacob Nijjar, CE, 2012
Jim DeVault, ECE, 2010
William Kuhn, ECE, 2008
David A. Pacey, MNE, 2006
Carl O. Riblett, ARE/CNS, 2004
Michael N. Hafling, ARE/CNS, 2002
Medhat M. Morcos, EECE, 2000
Robert R. Snell, CE, 1998
Larry A. Glasgow, CHE, 1996
Robert L. Gorton, ME, 1994
Richard R. Gallagher, EE, 1992
Peter B. Cooper, CE, 1990
Richard E. Faw, NE, 1988
Charles L. Burton, ARE/CNS, 1986
Muthuraj Vaithianathan, IE, 1984
Charles R. Bissey, ARE/CNS, 1982
Edwin C. Lindly, ARE/CNS, 1980
Rodney T. Nash, ME, 1971
N. Dean Eckhoff, NE, 1970
Gerald R. Potts, ME, 1970